Even though I seem to have forgotten that fact. Instead of trying to compose some eloquent prose this time, I’m voting for expediency in getting you caught up to speed. So, in no particular order, here’s a list of this summer’s memorable and noteworthy events, minus whatever I end up forgetting.
- I have a puppy. Please meet Merlin. He may make more appearances in this blog.
- I have become altogether too amused by feeding certain trolls. There is this sad little man on twitter known as @PeterLaBarbera, who is the founder of some anti-gay hate group. He likes to tweet any fallacy that he comes across that will support his medieval views. There are times when I simply can’t stay quiet. Like when he was the combo breaker on a segment of tweets celebrating the end of Don’t Ask, Don’t Tell:
Now, I’m a pacifist, and I don’t believe that the war in Iraq is doing one iota of good in keeping us safe, but I understand that people who join the military are expected to die in defence of their country. I’m not against defending ourselves, it’s the waging of useless war that I object to. So, I had to remind Pete of this fact.
After this, I figured I was pretty much done with the argument, but a third party intervened with something I know but didn’t think to mention before.
To date, Pete has not responded to this tweet. I know because I just went to his profile and checked. And I found this little darling I think I must follow now.
- I rebooted my old ‘Legacy of Olympus’ story. It is now called Terra Paradox and you can read a tiny blurb on my ‘Books’ page. I am hoping to finish this one soon, as I’m not aiming for a huge word count, and e-publish sometime next year. Merlin has cut into my writing time some, unfortunately.
- I forgot what this bullet point was about.
- I’m on Google+ and it is amazing.